Things to go over…
- Overview of the course
- Meet your TA
- Mid-terms and Finals
- How to submit your assignments
- Help! Support!
IN-CLASS LAB ASSIGNMENT
Tutorial Assignments (Post by the end of week 2)
Tutorial Assignments are Due by the end of the day Tuesday October 2nd.
** If you are working in the Lab or at home please download the Tutorial Data from the P: drive or the CD that comes with your GIS book (click “Save File” and unzip the file) and put it on your H: Drive (in the lab) or your personal hard drive.
- Chapter 3 – Exploring ArcMap: post screen-print of exercise 3c, step 15 (p. 50)
- Chapter 4 – Exploring ArcCatalog: post screen-print of exercise 4c, step 20 (p. 86)
- Chapter 5 – Symbolizing features and rasters: post screen-print of exercise 5d, step 18 (p.130)
- Chapter 6 – Classifying features and rasters: post screen-print of exercise 6d, step 24 (p. 173)
Please pay close attention to this assignment. It shows the 9 ways to display information.
- Chapter 7 – Labeling features: post screen-print of exercise 7c, step 12 (p. 200)